Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Short Management Story

A fox meets a lion sitting outside his cave.
Fox:"My cell-phone is broken. Can I make a call from yours?"
Lion:"Oh,I can fix your phone".
Fox: "Can you?Your big claws will destry it even more"
Lion:"I bet I ll fix it in a jiffy."The fox hands over his phone to the lion disappersinto his cave. he comes back after a while with a perfectly repaired cell. The fox is impressed. the lion continues to sti, looking very pleased .
Soon a wolf comes and requests the lion:
Wolf: "Can I wash my clothes in your washing machine because mine is broken?"
Lion:"Oh, I can easily fix your washing machine."
Wolf:"Are you kidding? I dont think a lazy lion can fix a complicated machine"
Lion:"Do you want me to try?"The lion goes into his cave, and after a while comes back with a perfectly fixed washing machine. The wolf goes away, amazed and happy.
Backdrop:Inside the lion's cave, half a dozen small and intelligent rabbits are busily doing very complicated work with complex instruments. On the other side lies a huge lion looking very pleased with himself.
Moral:If you really want to judge a manager, look at the work of his subordiantes.
Management Lesson: If you want to know why someone undeserved is promoted; look at the work of his subordinates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree. But, repair work was impressive because the lion was there on the other side.What if a rabbit was on the other side instead of the lion?
Therefore, the moral:if you want good subordinates,be a lion.
(?????).

Google